Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Rock Star kinda couple of weeks...


It has been a good couple of weeks musically to say the least! Knoxville hosted the Big Ears Festival a couple of weekends ago, which brought music to various venues throughout town for 3 days straight. It was pretty great to see people out and about just enjoying the weather and the festival There were two shows in particular that I was excited to see, The XX and Vampire Weekend...the later being one of my FAVORITE bands! Somehow we ended up in the front row for the XX and the second row for Vampire Weekend! They both put on GREAT shows!! We also found that we weren't the only ones milling around enjoying the festival. We ran into both bands seeing other shows. I don't get star struck. I have met some really cool people. Gene Hackman, Brendan Fraser, Andy Dick, Linkin Park, blah blah blah....but when it came to meeting Ezra from Vampire Weekend Brent said I turned into a 13 year old girl. An accusation, I can't deny!



I have also made 2 trips to Atlanta in the last couple of weeks to see shows. Last weekend Brent, Joey and I went to Atlanta to catch a private show by Civil Twilight and The Airborne Toxic Event . Both were no less than amazing! If you aren't familiar with either band, check them out!! We were fortunate enough to hang out with Noah, the bass player from ATE after the show. He was by far one of the nicest people I've met! Such a great night! I can't wait to see what happens next!

0 comments:

Post a Comment