Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring has Sprung!!








It seems like overnight our weather has redeemed itself! The flowers are blooming, people are sneezing, I am not freezing, our cars are covered in pollen! It is good to live in the south!

I had such a good weekend this past weekend! It started off with First Friday downtown. The weather was amazing and people were definitely out enjoying it! I met up with friends and we had good times. It was really great to see so many people in Market Square. It was a quick reminder why I love this city so!

Saturday, Erin and I headed down to Atlanta. We partook in Ikea good times and did a little shopping. We went to see The Big Pink at the Masquerade. It was so much fun, even though the show was a bit of a let down. We arrived back home somewhere around 4:30am. Thank goodness for bad 80's and 90's music to keep us singing on our drive home!

Brent and I have been working so hard to get the garden ready. Well to be honest, I have been helping, but he really has been doing the hard stuff. Nick came over the other day and they got the tilling started. That is an incredibly hard job...especially when you realize you are trying to till up a concrete foundation. Fingers crossed, we will have it finished tomorrow...compost and fertilizer and all. Shew!!! We got our potatoes planted today. I can't wait to get everything else planted!

I finished the first week of my running schedule. I ran two complete miles this morning. Tomorrow I start week 2. I should be able to run 3.5 by this time next week. I am not sure what kind of wizardry is going to take place to make that happen, but I am cautiously optimistic!

It seems Realize Gourmet is finally getting off of the ground and running. I am excited and scared to death at the same time! Check out my blog for that www.realizegourmet.blogspot.com Pass it along to anyone you know that eats food! I need them to help me make my first million. :)

Brennan and Drew are back in school this week after spring break and hopefully life will return to as normal as my life gets and I can discipline myself to be a better blogger! I am sure I will find another excuse, but until I do....
-e

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recognize that tiller... Good, good, good... GOOD vibrations!!
:)

Jamie said...

ok, guess i am in the dark here.. are you making dinners for people? and painting? and making cupcakes... man, i need to live a bit closer

Ickycakes said...

That poor tiller was used and abused. It's a trooper!

Jam,
I do still paint. I have 6 pieces up for sale in a store downtown. I don't do it as much as I'd like. There just aren't enough days in the week. Cupcakes I still do if someone wants to order them. And yes I am making dinners for people. I have my business licenses and working on my final inspection. It's like a personal chef service without having someone in your home. I delivered my first 2 orders today. Cross your fingers, I really want this to work!

Post a Comment